Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rain..............BlackJack.

So, I have turned 21, went to Lowell and had a Sunday ride to Kerouac Park and some bars. I was on a beat Varsity but still had a blast, the ride to Chelmsford was rough but I made it. Thanks for those who were there and the people I met, it was very layed back and nice. Since my birthday it has rained just about everyday, my commute is wet, I am giving up cigarettes as of now its been 5 days, this time I got some gum. I have acquired some new gear and parts, building a new road bike, getting a single speed together, building wheels searching for a new track frame and loving my job.

I guess it is time to start talking about my trip I have been planning. I will be heading to Paris for a week come the end of July. I have it all worked out except for getting my bike there. I do not think it will be much of a problem, i will just have to pay a few more bucks to get it on the plane. I am going by myself, friends showed interest but it was hard for everyone to pull funds to go. So thanks Scott for paying me so well at the shop.

I figure it this way, the best way to see a city is to ride it. A day is not enough time so I am doing a week and catching some of the Tour. It should be nice, I need some real time alone where I wont run into people I know or dwell on the things that have been rolling in my head for a while now. My home town is foreign to me, my Home is still the same, but the landscape and people of the place igrew up in has altered. I am an alien. I just do not feel like I am from here anymore, simply just hanging my cap for a few months until I head back to Amherst. I am a Nomad. These are some of the things I need to work out on the cobble streets of Paris, this is not so much a vacation as it is therapy, a quest for self discovery, explanation and exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment