Monday, July 20, 2009

Rolling in and out of Days.

I am here at last, it was a long trip and a very interesting first day. Right off the plane while waiting in line to get checked for passports a woman began to yell for the police, they arrived and took a man down for reasons I am un sure of. I got in at about 6 in the morning Paris time and waited to move through the lines like cattle, it was ok, I met a man named Pascal who had been teaching in Montreal for nine years and was just coming back home. When I went to get my bags I freaked out when I did not see my big bike box on the luggage belt, with a tear in my eye I said I would have to move on and get my car and call the airport later, well, as I walked to meet my ride there it was waiting with a bunch of other huge boxes at the exit, needless to say I just about yelled aloud with joy. With all of my belongings accounted for I moved out into the soft summer air and made my way to the center of Paris. My driver was a nice man, he drove like mad and I was amazed at how the motorcycles and vespas weave in and out of traffic with out a care in the world. I got to my hotel and was told my room would not be ready until 1. Thats fine, its 9 in the morning I will figure something out. So I left my things and walked about. Notre Dame was just a few streets away so I went there and walked around, its free to get in so I spent some time in there and wrote a bit. Other than that it was just walking around taking it all in and trying to stay wake. Things are off to a good start and tomorrow I will have some pictures up and the bike out. I just hope I can get through these 7 days with the little to no French I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment